This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team supporting growth of the company. Great exposure to executive team members. Great benefits and good culture to work in!
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. This position manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements.
- Workplace Inspection and Training
- Assesses and prioritizes work requests and ensures material required for the work is available.
- Follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications (quality and quantity) and time lines are met.
- Maintains and reviews stock inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials.
- Prepares manpower schedule and grants vacations.
- Inspects certain areas of the facility to ensure good housekeeping and safety provisions are adhered to.
- Researches materials to continuously improve production.
- Focuses on error proofing, ergonomic techniques and cost reductions.
- Champions all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance;
- Must be prepared to be on call 24 hours/day and weekends for emergencies.
- Prepares overtime equalization sheets, canvasses for overtime, prepares time sheets for payroll, approves vacations and leaves of absence and oversees schedule rotation for both plants.
- Adheres to general and real-time supervisory expectations and guidelines as established by the company.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service and operates a scissor lift.
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility such as replacing light bulbs.
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Organize drawings and prepare drawing packages to support project activity
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Schedule preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Responsible for the install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Organize mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, and refrigeration etc.
- Community College in a related field
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or; Five years related experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Possess a thorough knowledge’ of contract administration and office procedures
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email, cad , electrical control and PLC software
- Possess supervisory skills
- Employee relations skills
- Statistical Process Control for Machine Capability
- Possess ISO TS14001knowledge
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Ability to lift 60 pounds plus occasionally.
Please send resumes by Clicking Here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, protected status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.